Celebrate 4th of July in CT, 2022
Connecticut has been a vital part of American history. While largely free from British occupation and major battles, Connecticut provided essential food, cannon, and other goods to the Continental army during the American Revolutionary War.
As 4th of July approaches, so do its celebrations. Towns across Connecticut will be celebrating with firework shows, parades, and other outdoor events. Here is our list of few ways to commemorate Independence Day this year and enjoy summer in Connecticut.
ENJOY A FIREWORKS SHOW
Fireworks are a quintessential way to celebrate the 4th of July. Here are some of our favorite shows throughout Connecticut:
- Middletown – The City of Middletown will be hosting their annual Fireworks Festival on July 2nd along the Connecticut River at Harbor Park as well as the City’s Municipal Building. The festival will begin at 5:00PM and feature an assortment of food vendors, live music, and activities fun for the whole family.
- Fairfield – The “Grucci Firework Show” will take place on Saturday, July 2nd and the fireworks will start around 9:15 pm. The show can be seen from Penfield & Jennings Beaches.
- Greenwich – The Town of Greenwich will be holding a firework show at Greenwich Point Park and Binney Park this year. The show will take place on Saturday, July 2, at Greenwich Point Park and Binney Park at dusk.
- New Britain – The “Great American Boom” fireworks will be held on July 4th at Willow Brook Park. The show will take place at approximately 9:15 pm – 9:30 pm. Tickets are $10 to park, so get them in advance!
- Waterbury – Music, food trucks, and a fireworks show are being held on July 3rd at the Brass Mills Center.
HAVE A BBQ IN CONNECTICUT’S MOST BEAUTIFUL STATE PARKS
What’s better than enjoying the 4th of July by having a BBQ or picnic in a park? From the hill country to the seaside on Long Island Sound, Connecticut is home to numerous picturesque state and national parks. Here are a few you may want to visit over the long weekend:
- Silver Sands State Park (Milford) – Located off the Long Island Sound, the state park consists of 297 acres of beach, restored salt marsh, open areas, and woods as well as a 14-acre bird sanctuary on Charles Island. It is the perfect place for swimming, picnicking, hiking, and bird-watching.
- Gillette Castle State Park (East Haddam) – Site of Gillette Castle, the 184-acre park features scenic views of the Connecticut River, hiking trails, and picnicking spots.
- Devil’s Hopyard State Park (East Haddam) – Located at the Eightmile River’s Chapman Falls in the town of East Haddam, the park is home to hiking trails, campgrounds, and beautiful waterfalls. The main feature of the park, Chapman Falls, drops more than 60 feet over a series of stone formations.
- Penwood State Park (Bloomfield) – Located on Talcott Mountain just a short drive from Hartford, Penwood State Park offers 800 acres of the extensive trail system, picnic areas, and paved roads accessible by bike.
HEAD ON OVER TO THE BEACH
Go for a hike, take a stroll, go for a swim, or bring a blanket for a picnic with friends and family. The beaches along the Long Island Sound are located within a few minutes of our Southport and Greenwich Delamar locations. Some of our favorites include:
- Jennings Beach (Fairfield) – Located just off Interstate 95, Jennings is the largest of the Fairfield beaches. You will also be able to catch the “Grucci Firework Show” from this beach.
- Sherwood Island State Park (Westport) – This Park and its beach are known for their spectacular three-color sand. The entire park also covers woodlands, wetlands as well as the sandy shore.
- Southport Beach (Southport) – About 2.5 acres in size, this small but quiet beach includes bathroom facilities as well as lifeguards that are on duty during the summer months.
- West Beach (Stamford) – Part of the Rocky Neck State Park, this beach has a boardwalk that stretches across the back of the beach, as well as a large concession area, a bath-house with restrooms and showers, and a bike rack for cyclists.
CELEBRATE 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND AT THE DELAMAR
While you’re commemorating Independence Day in Connecticut, be sure to book your stay at a hotel that offers a convenient home base for your celebrations but doesn’t compromise on luxurious details, comfort, and fine dining.
With three elegant locations throughout Connecticut (Greenwich, Southport, and West Hartford), Delamar offers relaxing stays and joyful experiences for all of our guests. Enjoy the best this 4th of July by visiting Delamar.