Celebrating Different Kinds of Love this Valentine’s Day
Valentines is a special day to celebrate and share love with your significant others, family, and friends. That’s true in normal times, but maybe even more so amid the coronavirus pandemic.
With social distancing being the guiding principle in the past year, many of us have had to stay apart from family and friends, skip holiday meals, and self-quarantine in place. This February 14, celebrate all of the loving relationships in your life, from yourself to friends to family.
Celebrate Love of Self
Amid the global pandemic, self-care has become more important than ever. Use this Valentine’s Day to celebrate yourself and take time to revive and recover from your crazy work and home life.
One of the best ways to give yourself a day of self-care is by booking a spa day. Numerous studies and research confirm the benefits of a massage or facial for your skin, health, and wellbeing, some of which include reducing anxiety, stress, blood pressure, sleep insomnia, muscle strains, and more. Take time to relax your body and mind and book yourself a spa day at Delamar Spas.
Celebrate Love for Your Dogs
There’s a reason we call them man’s best friend. They are incredible friends and have been a source of companionship to so many Americans this past year.
Bring along your furry friend on a hike or snowshoeing trip in Connecticut and stay the night at any of the dog-friendly Delamar locations. Scenic trails can be found on nearly every corner of Connecticut. Some of our favorites include Westmoor Park Trail, Trout Brook Trail, West Hartford Reservoirs and Reservoir 6, Greenwich Audubon Center, and Talcott Mountain Trail.
Celebrate Love for Your Friends
As Vincent van Gogh said, “Close friends are truly life’s treasures.” There’s no better time than Valentine’s Day to spend time with your favorite people and remind them how much they’re loved. Even though coronavirus is still a threat, you can still enjoy a wide range of activities with your close friends, from shopping to outdoor hiking and skiing.
Connecticut is also the perfect place to for shopping trip. Some of the most popular locations in CT include:
- Downtown Westport – Located near Delamar Southport, the Main Street area is home to mom-and-pop shops, historical landmarks, eateries, and a variety of retailers including Vineyard Vines, Tiffany’s, J. Crew, Lululemon, and Anthropologie.
- West Hartford Center – With the charm of a traditional main street, the West Hartford Center is a great place to shop, dine, and stroll. It is also home to Blue Back Square, which features upscale restaurants and retailers such as Bar Louie, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, West Elm, The Cheesecake Factory, and Crate & Barrel.
- Greenwich, CT – Located just a 40-minute ride on the Metro-North from New York City, the historic Greenwich Avenue consists of shops and restaurants burrowed in buildings old and new. Some of the many shops include Saks Fifth Avenue, J. Crew, Simon Pearce, Betteridge, Rag & Bone, and Zara.
Celebrate Love for Your Parents
You could argue that your parents have given you everything, including the gift of life. Here are some way you can show them your appreciation and love this Valentine’s Day:
- A simple text and phone call can go a long way, especially if you haven’t seen them for a while and live far away from home. You can also schedule a Zoom call to catch up, talk, and tell them “I love you.”
- Set up a special night on the town. While raising a family and juggling full-time jobs, many parents forget to take time to relax and do something special for themselves. Make them a reservation at a local restaurant or a spa day to relax and unwind. Give them some alone time to themselves, something they might’ve not had in a long time.
Our award-winning Delamar restaurants in Greenwich, Southport, and West Hartford are open for indoor/outdoor dining, room service and take out. Dining areas have been expanded with six feet between each table, with disposable menus and indoor/outdoor dining for COVID safety. All three of our Delamar Spa locations are also open for facials, massages, and body treatments. Our West Hartford Spa is also offering manicure and pedicure services, as well as virtual skin consultations.
Celebrate Love for Your Significant Other
While things may look and feel different this year, there are still plenty of ways to make Valentine’s Day special for your girlfriend, boyfriend, partner, husband, or wife.
Everyone loves chocolate. Visit your local chocolatiers and pick out a treat for your loved one. A few of our favorite chocolatiers in Connecticut include Bridgewater chocolate, Le Rouge Handmade Chocolates, Godiva Chocolatier. Connecticut is also home to numerous beaches that are open year-round, including Sasco Beach, Jennings Beach, Southport Beach, and Penfield Beach. Take a leisurely walk and bundle up to enjoy the sunset views with your partner.
If food is the way to your significant other’s heart, make a reservation at our award-winning restaurants for a date night and enjoy some quality one-on-one time together.
This February, get lost in love and treat your special someone to a romantic getaway at any of our three Delamar locations. Book luxurious accommodations for two and experience world-class cuisine at our award-winning l’escale or Artisan Restaurants.Back to Blog