The Best Ways to Celebrate Halloween in Connecticut
Get ready for a spooktacular Halloween season in Connecticut! From corn mazes and pumpkin patches to haunted houses, there are plenty of ways to experience creepy, eerie, and frightening Halloween fun in Connecticut, all near our Connecticut Delamar locations.
Picking pumpkins at pumpkin patches is a quintessential fall activity in the northeast. Make a day of visiting a local pumpkin patch with the entire family. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Lyman Orchards (Middlefield) – Lyman Orchards have been around since 1741. The orchards cover over 1,100 acres of scenic farmland and are one of the most popular attractions in New England. The orchard has almost 100 varieties of fruit, a pumpkin patch, a challenging corn maze, and delicious cider donuts.
- Silverman’s Farm (Easton) – This apple orchard and farm have been around for over 100 years. Visitors can pick their own apples and pumpkins throughout October. The farm also has hay rides and a petting zoo with all sorts of animals including buffalo, llamas, alpacas, sheep, goats, fallow deer, emus, and long-horn cattle.
- Whittle’s Willow Spring Farm (Mystic) – Whittle’s Willow Spring Farm is known for apple picking, fresh produce, and its pumpkin patch. The farm stretches across 15 acres and plants over 20,000 pumpkin seeds each season.
Halloween Festivals in Connecticut
Besides pumpkin patches and haunted houses, towns and businesses across Connecticut are throwing spooky and sweet seasonal festivals and events. Here are just a few of our favorites:
- Ivoryton Village Pumpkin Festival (Ivoryton) – Ivoryton is hosting a pumpkin-themed festival on Oct. 23 from 5:00PM – 7:00PM. Enjoy live music and entertainment as you show off your pumpkin carving skills while admiring the work of others. Many local businesses will be participating with Halloween specials of their own, so anticipate plenty of tasty food and drinks.
- Harvest Happenings (Somers) – From spooky mini golf to zombie VR, Sonny’s Place is celebrating fall with a range of fun activities for all ages. Visitors can partake in their Harvest Beer Crawl that samples a few excellent CT breweries, while kids can enjoy a trick-or-treat trail full of candy and prizes.
- Fair Weather Growers’ Fall Festival (Rocky Hill) – This 16-acre field is turned into a fall wonderland inspired by local imagination each year. Spend an afternoon in their corn maze and explore a variety of fun farm-themed games that range from a grain corn pit to pedal go-karts. Be sure to stop by their market for seasonal decor, flowers, and delicious bites both sweet and savory.
Visit a Haunted House
Halloween wouldn’t be complete without visiting a terrifying haunted house. Get ready to scream your head off at the scariest haunted houses Connecticut has to offer:
- Nightmare Acres (South Windsor) – Located at Nomad’s Outdoor Adventure in South Windsor, this premier haunted attraction is open until October 30th this year.
- Trail of Terror (Wallingford) – This outdoor trail takes visitors through four appalling acres of their frightening forest. With 30 different scenes, crawl spaces, squeeze walls, rope bridges, boats, and more, you’re bound to live out your worst nightmares.
- Fright Haven (Stratford) – Fright Haven aims to be a beacon of thrills and chills, while helping charities and giving back to the community. It is also Connecticut’s largest indoor haunted attraction with 20,000 square feet of scares, chills, and thrills.
- Boo at the Zoo at Beardsley Zoo (Bridgeport) – This family-oriented annual event at Beardsley Zoo takes place on Oct. 16, 21, 27 & 29 from 6:30PM – 10:00PM. The event consists of magic shows, face painting, fortune tellers, and dancers for the kids, and of course their Parade of Scarecrows. Older guests can enter the zoo’s special haunted attractions: The Haunted Hayride, Farmer Beardsley’s Farmstead, and the Ghastly Greenhouse.
Unforgettable Halloween Memories at Delamar
After all the thrills and chills of spooky Halloween attractions, come to Delamar for a nightcap and some sweet dreams… if you dare! If frights give you an appetite, reserve an impeccable dining experience at one of our restaurants before settling into a pampered evening filled with luxurious amenities. With three distinct locations in Greenwich, Southport, and West Hartford, you’ll be able to easily explore Connecticut’s fall festivities while enjoying our best-in-class hospitality. Book your fall stay with us. We promise it will be more treats than tricks.