Plan the Ultimate New England Summer Vacation in Connecticut
It’s never too early to start planning for summer vacation. And with the COVID restrictions finally ending here in Connecticut, now is the perfect time to grab your friends and family for the ultimate New England summer vacation experience.
From sandy beaches and lush forests to small beach towns brimming with that New England charm, here are just some of the many ways to experience Summer in Connecticut.
Stay in a Beach Town
Connecticut is home to some of the best coastal towns in New England. During the summer, these towns come to life with tourists, a vibrant dining scene, and of course, picturesque sandy beaches. Westport, Greenwich, Guilford, and Old Saybrook are just some of the many towns located off the Long Island Shore with great beaches, shopping, and dining.
Westport, located just minutes from Delamar Southport, is home to one of the most popular shopping areas in Connecticut. The bustling Main Street area is home to a variety of retailers including Vineyard Vines, Tiffany’s, J. Crew, Lululemon, Anthropologie, and more. It also boasts New England charm with architectural beauty and water-view shops. Westport is also located near countless beaches in Fairfield County, including Jennings Beach, Sherwood Island State Park beach, and Southport Beach.
Enjoy Seafood on the Shoreline
No trip to New England would be complete without some fresh seafood overlooking the ocean. Some of the best restaurants in Connecticut are seafood restaurants. In fact, the Lobster Roll was invested right here in Connecticut at a restaurant named Perry’s in Milford, back in 1929!
Here are some local seafood favorites to try during your stay:
- Lenny and Joe’s (Westbrook, Madison, and New Haven) – With three locations along the shoreline, Lenny and Joe’s is known for their lobster rolls. Their signature lobster roll is served on a buttered bun with a quarter pound of meat that has clarified butter and lemon.
- Harbor Lights (Norwalk) – This upscale restaurant overlooks the Norwalk Harbor and offers Mediterranean-inspired seafood.
- The Whelk (Westport) – Located along the Saugatuck River, The Whelk offers an ever-changing menu that features sustainable seafood and local produce.
Our Delamar locations along the shore are home to award-winning restaurants. offers a New-England-style farm-fresh dining experience in a beautiful location. L’escale, our Mediterranean–inspired restaurant, has a waterfront view right on the harbor in Greenwich. Both of these innovative restaurants feature tantalizing seafood dishes, expertly crafted by our Executive Chef Frederic Kieffer. Be sure to pair your selection with a fine wine from our Wine Spectator awarded list. Our sommeliers will be happy to suggest the perfect accompaniment for your plate from the sea.
Hit the Trails in Our National & State Parks
From the hill country to the seaside on Long Island Sound, Connecticut is home to gorgeous state and national parks that are perfect for outdoor summer activities. On top of that, the historic Appalachian Trail also winds through the state.
Here are a few other options:
- Silver Sands State Park (Milford) – Located off the Long Island Sound, the state park consists of 297 acres of beach, restored salt marsh, open areas, woods, and trails, as well as a 14-acre bird sanctuary on Charles Island.
- Lovers Leap State Park (New Milford) – Hike the trails of this 160-acre park to the scenic views of the Housatonic River at Lover’s Leap gorge and walk across the restored 1895 Berlin Iron Bridge to the rock formation that gives the park its name.
- Pequonnock River Trail (Bridgeport) – Spanning over 13 miles, the trail runs from Bridgeport through Trumbull and Monroe along the Pequonnock River Valley. The trail features a river and is great for hiking, running, and mountain biking as well.
Book Your New England Vacation at the Delamar
Location is key when visiting Connecticut. Delamar has three distinct locations throughout the state in Greenwich, Southport, and West Hartford, allowing you to explore and venture about while enjoying the utmost level of excellence and luxury in hospitality.
When you choose to stay at Delamar, you can unwind, relax, and rejuvenate with our great amenities and attention to detail at every turn. Book your stay with us today and enjoy the New England charm in all its glory.Back to Blog