Plan Your Romantic Getaway in Traverse City
Take some time to escape the hustle and bustle of life, to unwind, relax and reconnect with your partner. With beautiful freshwater beaches, amazing local dining experiences, dozens of vineyards and wineries, a celebrated National Lakeshore, and lush green forests, Traverse City is the perfect destination for couples seeking to rekindle the romance.
Here is our list of the best things to explore in Traverse City while you relax and catch up with your significant other.
Explore Our Wineries
Nothing celebrates romance like raising a toast. Whether you’re celebrating your anniversary, a birthday, or simply taking a trip to reconnect, wine makes every occasion more special. Due to its location on Lake Michigan, not to mention the amazing terroir and climate, there are about 40 different wineries and vineyards located throughout the region. Here are a few of our favorite wineries located near our Traverse City Delamar resort:
- Bowers Harbor Winery – Located on the Old Mission Peninsula, Bowers Harbor offers wine tasting and wine dinners in a beautiful tasting room that overlooks the Grand Traverse Bay. With our Bowers Harbor package, you can enjoy overnight accommodations for two at Delamar Traverse City, a bottle of Bowers Harbor Vineyards 2019 Pinot Grigio in your room upon arrival, complimentary breakfast for two, a private tour of the Bowers Harbor Vineyard, and an exclusive table within the vines.
- Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery – This family-owned vineyard and winery is located in an 1890s homestead overlooking the Grand Traverse Bay. Be sure to venture to their secret garden, located past the vineyards in the valley below. Its lavender garden is set to bloom during the summer months of July and August.
- Chateau Chantal Winery & Tasting Room – Take a tour of underground wine aging caves and, once above ground, enjoy stunning views of Lake Michigan. The winery produces local Michigan varietals, such as Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc, and others.
- Left Foot Charley – Located in Traverse City, in what used to be the Northern Michigan Asylum, Leg Foot Charley offers visitors a uniquely urban wine experience. The winery serves Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, Gewurztraminer and an array of other white and red wines, as well as hard cider from Northern Michigan’s finest vineyards.
Relax on the Beaches of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
Sleeping Bear Dunes Lakeshore is truly one of the most beautiful places in America. The breathtaking views of the deep blue waters of Lake Michigan with a backdrop of bright golden dunes and the deep greens of the lush forest are truly a sight to see.
The beaches along the lake are perfect for relaxing, listening to the calm, serene waves, and admiring the sunset views with your loved one. Platte River Point, Esch Road Beach, and Glen Haven Beach are some relaxing options for couples.
Romantic Dinner on the Water
The perfect date night requires the perfect atmosphere and food. Reserve a table for two overlooking one of the many Traverse City waterfront locations and enjoy a romantic dinner with your partner.
- Artisan Waterfront Restaurant & Tavern – We are also opening our Artisan Waterfront Restaurant & Tavern in late Summer. This new restaurant will offer a unique and innovative dining experience with magnificent views of Lake Michigan. Our Great Lakes-inspired, New American cuisine has an emphasis on farm-fresh fare from local and regional farms, celebrating the theme of craftsmanship and sustainability.
- The Cove in Leland – Located in Leland’s historic Fishtown, this Lake Michigan waterfront restaurant features freshwater fish, hand-cut prime steaks, and their famous seafood chowder. Be sure to try out their famous Chubby Mary, a bloody mary with a whole smoked chub.
- West End Tavern – Located on the West Bay marina, Traverse City’s West End Tavern features an ever-changing menu with quality cuts of steak, fresh fish, artisan pizzas, gourmet burgers, and many more entrees.
- The West Bay Bistro – Located in Delamar Traverse City, The West Bay Bistro features gastropub-style cuisine with fresh and locally sourced meats and produce.
Enjoy a Private Boat Tour on the Grand Traverse Bay
Take to the water and take in the beauty of Grand Traverse Bay and Lake Michigan. Among the many features of Delamar Traverse City is our breathtaking waterfront location. Several private charters, sunset cruises, kid-friendly tours, and lake activity rentals are just minutes from our hotel. Charter a private boat for a romantic & intimate boating experience. Here is a list of a few of our partners to consider as you make your reservations.
- Wind Dancer – Wind Dancer provides Sailboat and Sunset Sail cruises, as well as pontoon charters. The luxury Regency 6-passenger pontoon can be rented by the day (in two-hour increments) or by evening (a 3-hour sunset charter).
- Nauticat Boat Tour – Nauticat offers four different daytime cruises that are sure to be a romantic escape for every couple.
- Aussie Watersports – If you’re looking to rent a jet-ski, kayak, or paddleboard, look no further than Aussie Watersports. Space is limited, so be sure to reserve in advance!
Book Your Romantic Getaway at Delamar Traverse City
Relax and reconnect with the one you love in a beautiful waterfront setting. As the newest addition to the Delamar family, Delamar Traverse City offers exquisite views of Grand Traverse Bay, and an elegant waterfront restaurant, Artisan. With our Romance Package, you will get accomodations for two, six chocolate-dipped strawberries and a bottle of bubbly in your room upon arrival. You will also enjoy late check-out, included in the package. Book your stay with us today!