Traverse City, Michigan offers an endless array of outdoor recreation, shopping and dining, and activities for visitors of all ages. With so much to see and experience during your stay with us, please find some of our suggestions to enjoy all Northern Michigan has to offer:
• Experience Traverse City with one of the most charming downtown areas in America, just a half mile away. Our hotel is walking distance to shopping, dining and entertainment on Front Street.
• Enjoy the best of West Grand Traverse Bay of Lake Michigan, with private charters, sunset cruises & watercraft rentals right here at the resort.
• Named “The Most Beautiful Place in America” by ABC’s Good Morning America, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore is located about 25 miles west of Traverse City. It was formed by glaciers and is worth the trip in any season.
• Traverse Area Recreation Trail (TART) is a trail in Michigan and part of U.S. Bicycle Route 35. It’s a paved, non-motorized trail of 10.5-mile in length that runs lakeside in certain parts and right by the Traverse City State Park.
• Visit Clinch Park, the area’s most popular beach, with picnic tables, lifeguards and snack bars.
• Discover the Old Mission Peninsula Wine Trail, the perfect wine destination, just minutes away from the Delamar with ten wineries to visit.
• Escape for the day to Leelanau Peninsula with 25 wineries, drive up the coast of West Grand Traverse Bay to Sleeping Bear Dunes, Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive, & visit the northernmost tip to the Grand Traverse Lighthouse. Or if you prefer, visit Grand Traverse Distillery or get hoppy at one of our local breweries.
• The Village at Grand Traverse Commons is now one of the largest historic preservation and adaptive reuse developments in the country. Once an asylum, it is now a hip neighborhood for dining, shopping and coffee-sipping.
• Visit Leland Fishtown a small historic town, known as one of the last working fishing districts of the Great Lakes. This charming town is filled with local shops and restaurants, and most famous sandwich shop – Village Cheese Shanty where you can fill up on their iconic pretzel subs sandwiches and sit by the water.