The all-new DELAMAR West Hartford offers something for everyone. Peruse nearby activities and attractions below.
- Connecticut Convention Center – Riverfront facility for trade shows, conventions and business meetings.
- The Connecticut Science Center – Explore 165+ hands-on activities and exhibits, a state-of-the-art 3D digital theater, plus daily programs and events.
- Shopping and dining in West Hartford Center
- Rockledge Golf Club – You can walk, jog, cross country ski or snow shoe on the winter trails at West Hartford’s beautiful Rockledge Golf Club, all for FREE.
- Gillette Ridge Golf Club – Legendary golfer Arnold Palmer has crafted Gillette Ridge to capitalize on the site’s natural beauty. Streams, lakes, elevation changes, and mature trees are all part of this tremendous golf experience.
- Veteran’s Memorial Ice Rink – Fun-filled recreational skating, outstanding figure skating, action packed hockey – you’ll find it all at Veterans Memorial Ice Skating Rink!
- Skiing – There are a few mountains nearby that offer a range of trails for all levels: Ski Sundown, Powder Ridge, Mount Southington
- Breweries – Take a tour of the local breweries: New Park Brewing, Thomas Hooker Brewery, City Steam Brewery, Hanging Hills Brewery, Hog River Brewing, Back East Brewing, Old Burnside Brewing
- Harriett Beecher Stowe House – The Harriet Beecher Stowe Center preserves and interprets Stowe’s Hartford home and the Center’s historic collections, promotes vibrant discussion of her life and work, and inspires commitment to social justice and positive change.
- The Hill-Stead Museum – A historic home, landmark art exhibit, and 152-acre estate to offer over 4,000 tours and an array of programs in art, architecture, gardens, and natural science.
- The Mark Twain House – A stunning example of Picturesque Gothic architecture, the 25-room home features a dramatic grand hall, a lush glass conservatory, a grand library and the handsome billiard room where Twain wrote his famous books.
- Noah Webster House – The museum building includes the historic house, the Jodik Education Center with a working reproduction open hearth, two exhibition galleries, a newly renovated Visitor Reception Center (VRC), and the Hamilton Gallery.
- New Britian Museum of American Art – The singular focus on American art and its panoramic view of American artistic achievement make the New Britain Museum of American Art a significant teaching resource available to the local, regional, and national public.
- Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art – The oldest continuously-operating public art museum in the United States, founded in 1842 by arts patron Daniel Wadsworth and holds approximately 50,000 works of art that span 5,000 years.
- The Children’s Museum – Offers hands-on fun with science and nature for younger children and families.
- The Bushnell Performing Arts Center – As a dynamic 21st Century performing arts center, The Bushnell presents, creates, inspires and shares the best in the performing arts; and in partnership with others, serves as a catalyst to advance education, promote economic development and build a sense of community in Central Connecticut.
- Hartford Stage – One of the nation’s leading resident theatres, Hartford Stage is known for producing innovative revivals of classics and provocative new plays and musicals, including 73 world and American premieres, as well as offering a distinguished education program, which reaches more than 20,000 students annually.
- West Hartford Community Theatre – Opened its doors in the fall of 2008 with an eye toward providing the highest quality live musical theater experience for West Hartford residents and the greater Hartford community.
- Theatreworks – Produces high quality, contemporary theater that is relevant to our audiences, engages a diverse community, and provides insight into the human experience.
- Playhouse on Park – Intimate performance space offering contemporary plays & musicals, plus comedy & children’s shows.
- Xfinity Music Theatre – XFINITY Theatre is an outdoor/indoor amphitheatre located in Hartford, Connecticut owned by Live Nation. The capacity of the venue is 30,000.
- XL Center – Formerly known as the Hartford Civic Center, is a multi-purpose arena and convention center located in downtown Hartford.
- Rentschler Field -Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field is a stadium in East Hartford, Connecticut. It is primarily used for football and soccer, and is the home field of the University of Connecticut Huskies.
Colleges & Universities